Saturday, October 17, 2009

Music and Machinima

I don't make talkies! I just don't.

Well, I never say never, but I never really had the urge to make movies with dialogue. Okay, I lied... I say never all the time!

I love to make music videos. I actually love music videos in real life. I still remember staying up really late at night watching music videos on TV during most of my teens.

The idea that you can tell a complete story and convey deep emotions in a mere 4 minutes is extremely satisfying to me.

There's also the fact that I love music and get emotionally attached to songs.

I can listen to a song on repeat for hours. And even if my musical tastes have changed and evolved, I'm still attached to the music I listen to as a teen.

For the past year, I have been completely and utterly addicted to Pandora.com. It's a free Internet radio that plays music based on your musical preferences. So let's say you love Coldplay. Well, Pandora will select music similar to the band and in the same genre. It's fantastic!

That's how I discovered Regina Spektor and many others.

Anyways, to get back to my main point... music videos are a viable art form, and there's no shame in being a music video director - even if it's only machinima!

No comments:

Post a Comment