Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Old blog - Sims 2 Nostalgia

I lost my old computer and all its content in late 2006. This means that I don't have any of the old videos I created anymore, except for the ones found on Youtube and my old Simpage.

The other day, out of pure nostalgia, I decided to go re-read my old blog on my Simpage located on The Sims 2 site. Wow! It was like a blast from the past.

Here's a fun fact I found while reading.

I created my first music video with The Sims 2 in December 2004, based on the song "Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer.

OMG! I still remember how proud I was to have completed an entire music video and how hard the process was. They were no hacks and mods at the time, and unfortunately, plumbobs and thought bubbles were running amok in all of our videos.

It was a hot mess. I had girls dressed in little black dresses dancing behind my main character while he was talking/lip synching the lyrics of the song.

So cheesy, but like I wrote in my blog at the time "I chose that song because it brings back good memories. My two best friends and I dressed like the girls from the video for Halloween when we were 15. And we were a big hit at our school dance."

It was fun to re-read my old blog and see where my love of machinima all started.

No comments:

Post a Comment